New posts whenever I feel the most creative! =D Be sure to share this with your friends!




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Every first day has it's thorns.

Hi, everybody! So this is my first day of writing a blog and I'm kinda bad with introductions, so I might as well tell you everything about me. I love music, sports, comedy and not being dead. Just like every other human being! It's always a plus when you wake up. Period. I'm a strong believer in living life to the fullest. There's an old saying that goes something like "If you're not alive, you're dead, and if you're living like you're dead, you ain't living". All right, so it's not that old...considering I just made it up. I have a tendency to act a bit...strange. Case in point: one of my favorite words in the whole wide world is "xenobiology" which means the scientific study of extraterrestrial life or life beyond planet Earth. I also like reeaallyyy random facts. Like out of left field, where the eff did that come from?! Like I said, I like living, and a part of living is knowing random knowledge that will never come in handy in any situation whatsoever. I think all of that describes me pretty well!

Now let's get down to the main point of this particular post: FIRSTS. Like my first day of baseball. I was about 8 years old and had no knowledge of the game whatsoever, but like any other 8 year old boy with ADHD (I believe every 8yo kid has ADHD, no matter their medical history). I tried to blend in and just be cool while running around like a chicken with it's head cut off by a crazed butcher. But seeing as I couldn't run, throw, hit or tie my shoes like a baseball player, I just did what came naturally..curl up in a ball and hope to God above that nothing was hit toward me. I mean c'mon! How many 8 year old power hitters do you know? Well, apparently there are quite a few, and having to be physically moved by your coach is a real morale breaker. So he sent me to go catch fly balls being hit off a tee. A little tip: NEVER RUN BACKWARDS IF YOU CAN'T RUN WELL FORWARD. I almost knocked a kid's block off while running backwards. I got snapped at and almost ended up crying. (We later ended up being close friends). But, no. I would NOT cry! I was a man! (With an extremely high voice who still wore his Buzz Lightyear tidy whiteys). I had to keep my pride and go about my first day and make sure I didn't pee myself when I got a ball smoked right at me. But by the end of the day, I returned to my mommy's van and all was well with my string cheese in one hand and my Capri-Sun in the other. My coach (who is a family friend of ours) told me I did great for being so new to baseball. I later read the little league rulebook, and apparently coaches must make the less talented children feel better by saying that. I DID NOT CARE THOUGH! I was a baseball player now, and I felt like one for the rest of the season too! There are two morals of the story: 1) If you have a ball hit at you, fake your death and pray the EMTs have cookies. 2) First days are always tough no matter who you are. It doesn't matter if you're Chuck Norris or an average Malik.

I hope you enjoyed my first of many posts to come! Remember, if you have a problem, you know where to read the most humorous stories..and if Fox is down, I'm always here too! Byee! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment